Board of Governors
In its institutional management role, the Board of Governors is responsible for the policies and operations of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences. The Board determines the policies and strategy of the institution and the financial and organizational framework.
Dr. Luc Verburgh – President
Portfolio: strategy, communication and marketing, internationalization, human resources, organization development.
Contact: Ingrid Grooten-Hameleers
firstname.lastname@example.org | +31 (0)45 400 61 15
The Supervisory Board monitors the policies of the Board of Governors and the general operations in the institution and acts as the employer of the members of the Board of Governors. It also has an advisory role and acts as a sounding board.
These are the members of our Supervisory Board:
- Prof. dr. Gerard Mols (chairman)
- Drs. Hans Dijkman
- Prof. dr. Frank Cörvers
- Loet Smeets RC
- drs. Luvic Janssen
- drs. Marieke Schöningh MBA
- prof. dr. Jan Harm Zwaveling
The connection between education, research, and practice is taken care of by our schools. Here, our students develop into professionals with up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills. Through the schools, it is easy for companies and institutions to make contact with students with regard to internships, assignments, and traineeships. Most of the schools have a corresponding study programme; sometimes a school consists of a limited number of closely intertwined study programmes.
Zuyd has 29 schools. Directors are responsible for connecting the schools and ensuring they work together. Below are the contact details for the directors and the schools within their remit.
- School of Applied Science
- School of Built Environment
- School of Engineering
- School of Industrial Engineering and Management
Director: Peter Princen, +31 (0)45 400 64 00
- School of Information Technology
Director: Peter Princen, +31 (0)45 400 68 04
- School of Occupational Therapy
- School of Physiotherapy
- School of Speech and Language Therapy
- School of Health Technology
- School of Arts Therapies
- Academy of Midwifery Studies
Director: Hedwig Darley
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
Director: Ellen Leers
- De Nieuwste Pabo
Director: Coen van der Ree a.i.
- School of Marketing Management
- School of Accountancy / Finance and Control
- School of Business Studies
- School of Law
Director: Dries Lodewijks, +31 (0)46 420 70 26 / 72 21
- Hotel Management School Maastricht
- School of Facility Management
Director: Ad Smits, +31 (0)43 352 86 63 / 86 64
- Conservatorium Maastricht
- Toneelacademie Maastricht | Institute of Performative Arts
Director: Mare de Groot, +31 (0)43 346 66 80
- Maastricht Academy of Architecture
- Maastricht Academy of Fine Arts and Design
- Maastricht Academy of Media Design and Technology
- Maastricht Academy of Interdisciplinary Arts
Director: Edwin Jacobs, +31 (0)43 346 64 24
- School of Oriental Languages and Communication
- International Business School Maastricht
- School of European Studies
- School of Translation and Interpreting
Director: Yvette Froeling
There are seven service departments supporting the teaching activities at Zuyd:
- Education and Research
- Student Services
- Human Resources
- Finance and Control
- Marketing and Communication
- Facilitiy Services
- General Services
Each service department has its own director.
The division of tasks, authority and responsibility among the Board of Governors, the Supervisory Board, the Deans of the Schools and the Directors of the Support Services is determined by Managerial and Control Regulations, which are in accordance with the by-laws of the Hogeschool Zuyd Foundation, the WHW and the HBO-branch code of Governance.
Participation and co-decision
The participation and co-decision of students and staff in the management of the university’s policies is arranged through Participation Councils that are composed of staff and students. Zuyd University of Applied Sciences has a Central Participation Council (CMR), Participation Councils for the Schools and a Participation Council for the Support Services.