Bart van den Eynde
6211 KP Maastricht
Master in Theatre
Are you a theatre director or theatre designer looking for a context in which to examine your artistic process and/or explore new artistic paths?
The Master in Theatre at the Toneelacademie Maastricht offers you an inspiring programme that combines a focus on Artistic Research with extensive mentoring of your Artistic Project.
- Location Maastricht
- Duration 2 years
- Degree Master of Arts
- Language English
For more detailed information about this study programme, please visit the Toneelacademie Maastricht website.Visit the website
About the education
The Master consists of
- An intensive organized program with seminars, workshops, meetings and mentorings. You get a challenging and varied input to help you develop your Artistic Project and accompanying Research.
- An individualized itinerary in which you choose your own specific mentors relevant for your Artistic Project and Research.
- An ongoing critical discussion with your peers, guest lecturers, theatre makers and organizers, and professionals and master students from other disciplines. Through these exchanges you develop your discourse and vocabulary.
- A hands-on training where your artistic practice is central. You finish the Master with an Artistic Project that will be presented within the professional field.
- A program composed of 4 building blocks: the meeting between scenography and directing, artistic research, transdisciplinarity and networks (cultural entrepreneurship).
The 3 semesters are spread over 2 years. All meetings are scheduled on Mondays and Tuesdays in Maastricht or on location. The majority of collective sessions are organized during the first semester (September-December 2018) allowing you to combine the Master in Theatre with other activities.
For more detailed information about this study programma please visit the Toneelacademie Maastricht website.
Bart van den Eynde