Master in Theatre
Are you a theatre director or theatre designer looking for a context in which to examine your artistic process and/or explore new artistic paths?
The Master in Theatre at the Toneelacademie Maastricht offers you an inspiring programme that combines a focus on Artistic Research with extensive mentoring of your Artistic Project.
- Location Maastricht
- Duration 2 years
- Degree Master of Arts
- Freshmen 9
- Language English
About the education
The Master consists of
- An intensive organized program with seminars, workshops, meetings and mentorings. You get a challenging and varied input to help you develop your Artistic Project and accompanying Research.
- An individualized itinerary in which you choose your own specific mentors relevant for your Artistic Project and Research.
- An ongoing critical discussion with your peers, guest lecturers, theatre makers and organizers, and professionals and master students from other disciplines. Through these exchanges you develop your discourse and vocabulary.
- A hands-on training where your artistic practice is central. You finish the Master with an Artistic Project that will be presented within the professional field.
- A program composed of 4 building blocks: the meeting between scenography and directing, artistic research, transdisciplinarity and networks (cultural entrepreneurship).
The 3 semesters are spread over 2 years. All meetings are scheduled on Mondays and Tuesdays in Maastricht or on location. The majority of collective sessions are organized during the first semester (September-December 2018) allowing you to combine the Master in Theatre with other activities.
For more detailed information about this study programma please visit the Toneelacademie Maastricht website.