Student guidance
Student guidance

Student guidance

To whom can you turn for help during your studies? There are various sources of support available to you, both within your study programme and throughout the Zuyd organization.

Academic guidance counsellor
The academic guidance counsellor is your first point of contact for all your questions relating to your studies or facilities. Your academic guidance counsellor will guide you through the choices that you make within the context of your studies, and knows where you can turn with your other questions.

Student counsellor
Student counsellors give you information, advice and support in the event of problems that you encounter during your studies and in your private life; for instance if you have financial problems or if you need short-term psychological help. 

Would you like to see a counsellor? Please call. If you are already a student at Zuyd, plan an appointment via Osiris. 

  • Heerlen and Sittard: +31 (0)45 400 62 53
  • Maastricht: +31 (0)43 66 66

Student psychologist

Team of student psychologists provides you guidance and support for mental health complaints. You can request a consultation with the student psychologists at your own request or after referral by your lecture, study coach or the student counsellor. To make an appointment during office hours, please email E and of course, for your personal questions. Based on your request for help and your study location, we will determine who you can contact in the team.

Dianne, Jolanda, Marcel and MichĂȘlle are there for you and work for Zuyd in Heerlen, Maastricht and Sittard. The team of student psychologists consists of specialized psychologists and a GGZ advanced nurse practioner mental health.

The conversations are confidential, there are no costs involved and no referral letter from a specialist is required.

Confidential advisor
If you have any questions about matters such as bullying, discrimination, or aggression, you can turn to one of the confidential advisors present at each location.