Zuyd and the coronavirus
On this page you will find news and information about the coronavirus and Zuyd University of Applied Sciences.
- Frequently asked questions are collected in an overview. Take a look at the frequently asked questions page.
- The news items about corona of the past months are collected on the page corona news.
- Students and staff can find the most up-to-date information on Zuydnet (not accessible to external parties). Also check the Facebook pages of Zuyd.
- Do you still have a question after reading this page and the FAQs? At the bottom of this page you will find an overview with contact details.
Latest news (2 November)
COVID-19 infections | 2 November
The GGD Zuid-Limburg has informed Zuyd University of Applied Sciences that last week 16 students tested positive for COVID-19. In the week from 19 until 26 October, 29 students tested positive. Unfortunately, the GGD Zuid-Limburg does not provide any information about the number of students who have been cured by now.
Students in home isolation | 22 October
An infection with COVID-19 has been diagnosed in 23 first-year students of Hotel Management School Maastricht.
The first-year students live in student residences near the hotel school on the campus, which are exploited by real estate manager Holland2Stay. They stay in home insulation in their rooms until there is no more contagiousness. The students show mild to no complaints.
The Municipal Health Service (GGD) has started a source and contact enquiry. Currently, most students are at their home address elsewhere and only a limited number of first-year students are staying in the student housing. As far as we know, none of them show any symptoms.
The Hotel School has decided to offer full online education after the autumn holidays for the time being for the students concerned (who started in September).
For students and staff who are not personally approached by the GGD, it is not necessary to take any additional measures at this time. However, they must remain alert for symptoms. If you are in doubt or if you get corona-related health problems, you are asked to contact the GGD Zuid-Limburg for a free coronary test: 088-8805005.
The Hotel School and Holland2Stay have once again asked all students and staff to adhere to the guidelines and also to take their own responsibility to keep a distance of 1.5 metres.
COVID-19 infections | 21 October
The GGD Zuid-Limburg has informed Zuyd University of Applied Sciences that last week 12 students tested positive for COVID-19. Unfortunately, the GGD Zuid-Limburg does not provide any information about the number of students who have been cured by now.
Contact persons Zuyd
- Visitors, parents and relations: contact Zuyd by email: email@example.com.
- Students: contact your study programme or send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org (mention your study programme!).
- Teachers/staff: contact your head of programme/manager or send an email: email@example.com.
- Head of programme/managers: consult Zuydnet for relevant contacts and contact details.
- Journalists: contact Rolf van Stenus on 06 2375 7221 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other contact details and websites
Zuyd follows the guidelines of the government, the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and Environment (RIVM), the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (travel advice) and the Vereniging Hogescholen (association of Dutch universities of applied sciences).
- GGD Zuid Limburg: 088-880 5005
- Website GGD South Limburg about new coronavirus (Covid-19) [in Dutch]
- Website RIVM about new coronavirus (Covid-19), frequently asked questions
- Website Dutch Government, frequently asked questions about coronavirus and education [in Dutch]
- Website Travel Advice Foreign Affairs [in Dutch]